Friday, May 14, 2010

Well it has been months since I've updated this thing. Somewhere in between writing papers and reading oodles of books about this, that, and the other thing, this blogging business just didn't make the cut.

Life has been incredibly chaotic recently, and I am ready for things to unwind . School, work, volunteering, family...it all adds up pretty quickly. 5 of the last 6 weekends have been spent away from home, and this weekend the family is coming to us.

I love family time and doing the things we have been doing, but I truly believe we just need time to rest. I sometimes find it difficult to give and give without taking time for my own renewal. I am convinced that God wants rest for us. Constantly we see that Jesus went away and praying and resting. I will have to remember this when I am a therapist. A professor of mine told me that therapists need to take vacations, not as a luxury, but out of necessity for their own sanity. When she said that, I just knew I was going into the right profession...

Off to start another day at work, and then home for the weekend. I hope parts of this weekend will bring rest, relaxation, and some much needed time with my husband.

Until next time...whenever that might be! :)

No comments: