Well, it's that time of the semester. Everything seems to be crashing down with papers, exams and various group projects. It's almost as if all faculty sit down and devise a plan to cause as much chaos in the lives of students as feasibly possible. Now, I know that they don't actually do this. In fact, my professors are trying so very hard to make the end of the semester close with as little difficulty as possible. It's just that time is so....limited. The time that will be required for what needs to get done seems to far surpass the amount of time allowed. Getting stressed is easy, but overcoming the stress seems to be much more difficult. I wonder how on earth I'll get everything done that needs to get done, yet I know that it all will get done...somehow.
The easy thing to do in times like this is complain. We act and talk as if we're the only ones who are stressed out about the end of the semester and all that it entails. False. We're all doing this. We're all writing papers. We're all taking exams. We're all working on group presentations. And while it might not be the most enjoyable time of the semester, we can choose to be thankful. We can be thankful for the opportunity to get an education. I think we forget how fortunate we are to have this window of time to better ourselves and prepare for our futures.
So, in light of all that needs to be done in the next two weeks, I'll continue to press on with an attitude of humility and thankfulness. It's really the only way I'm going to make it through!
No comments:
Post a Comment